In 1760, Henry Hoagland sold land along the west side of Old Nazareth Road to a settler named Peter Seip. Shortly thereafter, in honor of Peter Seip, this area became known as Seipsville. He began building what was to be the first public house between Easton and Nazareth. Soon after its construction, the Seipsville Inn became a very popular stagecoach stop for travelers passing through the Lehigh Valley. These weary
frontiersmen could sleep, eat, and enjoy an evening of gossip at the newly erected inn.
As time passed, the Seipsville Inn became a famous meeting place for many civic and political organizations. The township board of supervisors met regularly here at the Seipsville Inn. At one particular meeting, they discussed plans for creating a new township.